Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Vision

Summer is quickly coming to an end and for a lot of you it has. You have made your way through your first day of school. Some of you, your first day of high school....those can be scary days but some of the best days of your life. This summer I have reflected back on last school year and looked ahead to this year.  As I searched my heart and allowed God to show me what he wanted from me I found I had failed Him once again. God had given me multiple opportunities last school year to build relationships and direct people to the cross. But I didn't take them.  I came broken before God knowing I had failed and missed opportunities to glorify Him. God is a gracious and forgiving God and for that I am eternally thankful! So God has given me a new vision and passion for school this year. Classes start for me on Friday. After looking at the roster of people who are in my classes I came to find that in all but one class I know no one. At first I was bummed about this...but then it hit me that this was God's way of placing me out of my comfort zone and giving me opportunities again to glorify His name. I am prayerfully looking forward to Friday to connect to people in my class. I want this school year to be about one thing and one thing only, furthering HIS KINGDOM!

So some of you that read that sentence about your first day's of high school being some of the best of your lives may be thinking,"ya right, it was horrible". Start looking at it through the eyes of Christ. Look at the hundreds of people you pass by everyday, hurting people, desperate people, lonely people, lost people, people who need Jesus. You aren't there by accident. God wants to use you in the halls and classrooms of your school...are you going to let Him? I'm done with high school I can't go back....I can't undo my bad attitude, my meanness and my apathy. But you are there now, this is your chance this is your opportunity to change your school for Christ. Allow God to work in and through you and you will begin to see His hand prints all over!

Therefore let us fix our eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith!!!

No comments: