Wednesday, July 23, 2008

God's Story

As I was sitting at Middle School AFW this week I was challenged...challenged to write out my testimony and share it with someday this week. As I thought back throughout my day I realized that I had had the perfect oppurtunity to share my faith that exact day. My mother and I were test driving a new car, of course the sales person was in the car with us and like normal was very chatty. It's not like he could have gone anywhere! I should have shared Christ with him right then and there, but I didn't. That moment God frowned upon me. I don't want God to frown upon me, I want him to smile at me and say Well done my daughter.

So here goes writing out my testimony...

I was born and raised in a Christian home. I grew up in church, West Evangelical Free Church, to be exact. I was about 4 or 5 when I first asked Jesus to come into my heart. I remember kneeling beside my bed and praying the prayer. I knew I was a sinner and that Jesus died in my place. But I didn't really fully comprehend all of it at such a young age. I was baptized at age 7 to publicly declare I was a follower of Christ. I didn't begin to get serious about my faith and take it as my own until I was about 13 years old. The fall of my 7th grade year I rededicated my life to Christ. I had a wakeup call, I wasn't living my life for Christ. I had my up and downs. As high school begun so did a long and bumpy path for me. I had a lot of health problems during my high school years, one of which made me stay homeschooled for the majority of my junior year. This was a very hard and trying time for me. I was angry at God. I kept asking why me? What have I done to deserve this? Throughout that whole process I began to realize that God has a plan for my life and its perfect and pleasing to Him. Without the struggles in life I wouldn't grow at all. I've come to realize that I must put my whole life in His hands. Not just a portion. The WHOLE thing. My God is a massive God, He has my whole heart, mind, body and soul. My mind is His mind, my heart is His heart, my hands are His hands, my feet are His feet, my words are His words. I am ready, willing and able. Use me. I will go wherever you send me.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love your heart Karyssa. You make me smile : )